5.20.2014

citrus lane may review

I got my citrus lane May box today (weird, it's a Saturday) and I am committed to at least complete my 3 reviews from the boxes I purchased through July.

*I did size Emily up on the box to a 2-3 year old even though she's only 20 months.*

Disclaimer:  all the prices listed next to the reviews are from websites that I would have most likely bought it from, like Amazon.

1)Hape Parthenon Sand Toy ($5.63)
2)Hape Mayan Sand Mold ($7.75)
Parthenon pictureMayan Pyramid picture
I wasn't too excited about these sand molds. I also didn't realize that they retailed for this much bc why would you buy sand toys for that much cheaper.  I would definitely not buy this on my own and we probably won't be using these either.  It's really big and bulky to carry around.  My parents also bought Emmy her own set of sand toys that came with like 20 pieces for us to use.

3) Goodbyn Hero ($14.99)


this is a cute lunch box with different compartments and tops for dipping.  Em is starting 3 day preschool in the fall and we can use this for her lunch.   I like that it has multi compartments and even tops for them.

4)Melissa and Doug Paint with Water Garden ($6.47)

Garden Paint with Water Kids' Art Pad
this is cute.  Em is starting to enjoy coloring and colors.  I am going to save this to use later for a rainy day.

5)fresh feet wipes ($6.67)
Jasmine Seven Kids Fresh Feet Wipes Travel Pack, Grapefruit, 10 Count
I got this in my not to be mentioned first subscription box.  I was not impressed with this product and I did carry it in my bag until I used it all.  It's good in concept but not very practical.  It does say you can use it on hands too but I felt it was too slimy? oily? to use on hands.  The smell is okay but I feel like wet wipes will just work better.

6)chocolate chip cookie ($1.09)

Chocolate Chunk
we ate it as soon as we opened up the box.  It did not last long :)

The total came out to be $42.60 for the May Citrus Lane Box which is impressive because I only paid $15.  However, I probably wouldn't have bought any but one of this item to use.  I wasn't too thrilled about this box and Emmy hasn't used any of the items yet (except eating the cookie) so I can't tell if she gets her money out of it.  I did read that most subscription boxes are hit or misses and this month is a miss for me.



No comments: