10.21.2014

October Citrus Lane Review



I received my October Citrus Lane subscription box last week.

For the review, I am using Amazon prices because we have Prime and if I were to buy the item, most likely I would buy it from there.



1.  Yellow Cab Story Set by Janod ($9.99)

Janod Yellow Cab Story Set


















This toy set is really cute.  It's wooden so it's very nice and sturdy.  Em is really into cars right now (such a tomboy like her mama) and she loves it!  We already have like 5 cars but this is something to add to her collection.



They sent an accompanying pink set made exclusively for Citrus Lane.  I used another figurine set on Amazon.  I'm glad that its "girly" and again Em loves it because she's really really into cars right now.  BUT....I wished they had something different in the box.  I might be a minority but I would have liked a variety of items.


One pair of shaking things.  We don't have any musical instruments...I wanted to buy them but then I feel like I lost the window of age where she would have liked it...so I didn't.  I was glad to see this in the box.  Em likes it too.

Leg warmers.  It says it fits most sizes from baby to toddler.  This is cute item BUT...I have no idea how to wear it for her.  Couldn't figure it out when she was an infant bc wouldn't the legs not covered up be cold?  I still don't get it.  As a toddler, how would you wear it?  Like socks but not really?  I might just have to regift these.

So for the whole box we got $39.23 which isn't too bad since I'm still on the discount price but if I paid $29 for the whole box I would not have been happy.  Again, this has been one of my many points each month...over and over again.  Additionally, all the items in the box says it's for 18 months and up.  Her box is sized for a 34 month old and she's getting items that's suitable for 18 months?  I have a big problem with that.  I even called Citrus Lane but they didn't see any problems with that saying that it's suitable to use starting at 18 months but we feel that 34 months can get a lot out of it...which is true but if all 3 items and even the 4th one states that it can be used for the younger crowd, shouldn't it be in a younger aged box?

Anyways.. I digress.  I feel Citrus Lane's boxes has been getting smaller and smaller and the "value" of the box not much of a value.  Thus, I canceled my subscription.  It's not worth it to pay full box amount for only one or two items that are age appropriate for her.  

This ends my subscription box reviews.  I might restart them if I decide to get another subscription boxes in the future ;)


No comments: