7.20.2016

Popsugar All Star Mystery Box Review

When Popsugar announced that they were selling their "All Star Mystery Box" for $19.95, I jumped at the chance.   I have been eyeing this subscription box and liked the reviews that I saw.  For less than $20, it had a guarantee for the items in the box to be valued at $100 plus.  It was also an one time purchase which I liked.

I buy things all the time off AMAZON so my prices are AMAZON prices.  This is how I like to gage if I would buy the items in the box or not.  Reviews are also all my opinion.

Deepa Gurnani Headband Amazon prices:  $56


This headband is gorgeous.  It's thin and very pretty.  I would not have bought this and spent $56 on it though.

Book: "The Secret Recipe" by Dominique Ansel Amazon Price:  $23.49

The author is the guy who created the famous Cronut in New York.  It's a good coffee table book but the recipes are wayyyy too hard for an average cook to even try.

Tarte Amazonian clay eye shadow quad "Apple of my eye"  Amazon Price:  $9.99

The colors are very natural which I like.  But it's eye shadow and I hardly ever wear any.
Note:  Apparently, they don't sell this on the Tarte website and it was a special edition eye shadow from the past

Capri Mercury Jewel Box in Rain Amazon Price:  $19.99


I love candles.  I love awesome smelling candles with clean scents.  I love the design on the outer edge and the distressed wood look.  I love how you can use it as a jewelry box after you're done with the candle.  I was excited to get this!
Note:  Georgia is currently 100 degrees so the candle was very melted when I opened the box.  I stuck it in the fridge for an hour and the candle is good as new.

Terrapin Ridge Pecan Honey Mustard (8 oz)  Amazon price is $19.99 but its $7.30 for an 10 oz jar on their website.  I'm going to estimate to the price to be around ~$6.00


I didn't try it yet but I'm sure for a honey mustard this is yummy.

Wine glass marker Amazon Price:  $6.50


Already gifted toward a friend who loves wine.

Total price= $121.97
For $20, it was worth the price but none of the items really wowed me and I can see myself not using any of the items except the candle.  Maybe instead of the book, there was another item...


No comments: